Friday, January 4, 2013

Adventures In Green {Smoothies}: Day 4

For several years now, many bloggers have been choosing one word, just one, as a New Year's Resolution of sorts.  But more than just a simple resolution, as a singular focus of forward momentum to carry their thoughts and direction throughout the year.

I like that.

In past years I've had my own one word that I've prayed about, meditated on and steered toward.  This year I've decided to share it.  And who knows, perhaps in the sharing, you'll be inspired toward your own one word for 2013?

Here is mine.

Enough.

I was driving down the highway a few weeks back right before Christmas.  All around me people were speeding, cutting each other off, texting and talking on their phones.  There was a general feeling of chaos in the air.

I glanced at the license plate on the SUV in front of me and read "NVR ENUF". 

Never enough.

Never enough?  Is that what we've come to?  Always wanting, craving and seeking more?

At that moment, I felt led by the Spirit that this is the year of enough.

Our God is enough.  His very presence is enough.

All that He chooses to gift us with and hold back from us is enough.

The air we breathe that He creates ~ it's enough.  

A smile on any given day ~ enough.

The clothes in our closets ~ enough.

His Spirit ~ enough.

The cross ~ enough.

His Word ~ enough. 

Our spouses ~ enough.

His church ~ enough.

You get the idea.  Enough.  This is where I choose to live in 2013.  In the realm of enough.

Which brings me to today's smoothie update.  (Nice segue, right?)  It's been another good day.  My energy is beginning to climb exponentially.  The biggest struggle now is just wanting to chew something and experience texture, flavor.

I saw a show on the Travel channel while exercising tonight about a dish in India made of lentils, potatoes, chickpeas and curry.  I'm thinking I could definitely make a smoothie of that with some spinach as base.  Oh yeah.  The taste buds are definitely getting restless!  

But in the meantime ~ enough.  The nutrients set before me three times a day in a glass of green are more than sufficient to keep this body running.  I am grateful to God for enough.


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Enjoy today,




P.S. You are welcome here! Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Feel free to join the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Wendy, I needed that. I'm going to pray on "Enough".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny ~ Joining you in praying over "enough". We serve a mighty God, and all things are possible in and through Him alone! Thanks for your words.

      Delete

Blog Archive